Tuesday, May 12, 2015

#6 My reflection of The power of introverts by Susan Cain

Susan Cain: The power of introverts



        The reason why I want to recommend this speech is that I am an introvert as well. In the speech, the lecturer shared us some points which we should sit down and think about it. From what she said, she said our schools and our workplaces, they are designed mostly for extroverts and for extroverts' need for lots of stimulation. It reminded me of my life because when I was studying in elementary school, I felt the world is for extroverts. Only extroverts may be attracted others’ attention. However, after watching this video, I feel my mind being comforted. The world needs each kind of people to strike a balance. By the way, the lecture released a book called The Power of Introvert in a World that Can’t Stop Talking. I bought it and decided to read it during my summer vacation.

1 comment:

  1. Vicki, nice comments. I personally like this talk a lot. Yes, we need people with different personalities and characteristics. Introverts have their power and contribution too. Hope you enjoy reading the book as well.

    ReplyDelete